- Documentary THE HADZA: LAST OF THE FIRST, screened at the United Nations "Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues Session. Emmy® Award Winner Alfre Woodard narrates; Oscar® winner Lupita Nyong’o is consultant and Swahili translator on film that examines Africa’s Hadza tribe, one of last hunter-gatherer societies on the planet.
- May, 2014: CINEDIGM launches DOCUDRAMA, on-demand streaming channel devoted to documentaries. The new direct-to-consumer digital channel features renowned documentary filmmakers such as Alex Gibney, Fred Wiseman, Stacy Peralta, Liz Garbus and Joe Berlinger and will be available on over 165 million consumer devices including connected TVs (Samsung, Sony, RCA, Humax), set top boxes (Amazon Fire, Roku, Tivo Roamio, Western Digital TV), tablets (Samsung) and gaming consoles (Xbox).
- Tony DiTerlizzi’s THE BATTLE FOR WONDLA, the final book in his New York Times bestselling WondLa trilogy from Simon & Schuster was published in May. And in October, Tony's STAR WARS: The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, illustrated with Ralph McQuarrie’s original concept drawings, will the first of a new series of Star Wars picture books from Lucasfilm.
"THE FOUNDRY'S EDGE," the first volume in The Books of Ore young adult trilogy by writer/illustrators Cam Baity & Benny Zelkowicz (Robot Chicken; Moral Orel), published to glowing reviews by Disney/Hyperion on April 15.
- LAIKA's next film, THE BOXTROLLS,
based on Alan Snow’s bestselling fantasy adventure novel "Here Be
Monsters" will be released by Focus Features on Oct 17, 2014. LAIKA's
first two 3D, stop-motion animated feature films, Coraline and ParaNorman were both Academy Award nominees for Best Animated Film.
a breakthrough 2013, including multi-platform releases “Don’t Stop
Believin’: Everyman’s Journey,” "Call Me Kuchu," “Arthur Newman,” "The
English Teacher," “Violet and Daisy,” "Our Nixon," "Narco Cultura,"
"Dead Man's Burden," "Dick Figures The Movie," and "Visitors," CINEDIGM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP released SXSW Grand Jury and Audience Award winner "SHORT TERM 12" on August 23rd.
- Independent film 1000 to 1: The Cory Weissman Story, starring David Henrie and Jeff Bridges premiered in March Inspirational film chronicles improbable true story of freshman college basketball player felled by catastrophic stroke who returns to the court in the last game of senior year.
- New York Times bestselling author Tony DiTerlizzi's 10th Anniversary edition of his Cadecott Honor winner THE SPIDER AND THE FLY published by Simon & Schuster.
- CINEDIGM's Academy Award nominee and Sundance Audience Award winner The Invisible War now available on iTunes and DVD. The best reviewed documentary of 2012, TIW, which reveals the tragic epidemic of rape in the US military, was instrumental in forcing a dramatic top down overhaul of the military's reporting of sexual crimes.